Physiotherapy is used for treatment of pain, problems related to joints, muscles, or nerves, which requires exercises or massaging by using different therapies such as ultrasonic, short wave diathermy and muscle strengthening. It helps stroke patients in recovering and also in treating children undergoing cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- Pelvic Traction Kit
Pelvic traction kit is useful for patients for restoring and realignment of spine, improvising circulation, flexibility and mobility. It is also helpful in improving posture and pain relief.
There are two types of traction sets
- Skin traction
It uses adhesive tape or other type of strapping which is applied to the limb. It is used in pull of traction weights that sticks to skin over the body structure involved especially a fractured bone.
- Spine traction
It is used in treatment of fractured bones. Traction is a therapeutic method to relieve pain by stretching the spine. Stretching the spine separates the vertebrae and helps to relieve nerve pressure. Cervical traction is a common nonsurgical treatment for a herniated disc in the neck that relieves pain and reduces pressure on compressed nerve roots exiting the spinal canal. Traction can either be applied manually than for lower back pain or by spinal traction devices. Traction is more useful for neck conditions.
- Tennis Elbow
Person with an issue in wrist and arms such as pain that occurs when tendons in elbows are overloaded , occurring by repetitive motion. Cause of tennis elbow are painting, driving screws, cutting up vegetable in kitchen, and repetitive computer usage.
- Grip Exerciser
Grip Exerciser is used in increasing the strength of hand. Working out on hand helps in increasing strength and bulks up muscles, giving arms a powerful look.
- Continuous Passive motion (CPM) – Continuous Passive motion is a motion device for recovery of joint injuries. It is used for healing of tissue, inflammation and to control post-surgery pains. It is used on shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists and knees.
- Knee Remote controlled CPM Machines- It is used for healing knee injuries.
- Upper Limb Shoulder CPM- This machine helps in recovering shoulder injuries.
- Kinetic Centura Shoulder CPM- Kinetic Centura shoulder is used for recovery of patients who has undergone surgery. it is a machine which helps user in moving their arms in different positions. It helps in reducing joint stiffness, pain, and swelling and prevent muscle atrophy.
Brands– Galtron, Philips Simplygo Mini, ResMed Climate Control Tubing
- Functional electrical stimulation (FES) – It helps in creating artificial movement in body. It is used for recovering of body part which has been paralyzed. FES uses low electrical pulses to create movement in individual body. Functional electrical stimulation creates walking aid in individual and helps in recovery of weakened muscles. It is used for treatment of foot drops, poor hand functions and weak or paralyzed muscles.
- Kinesis Tape/ Kinesio tape (VPK) – This tape helps in pain relief, faster recovery after surgery or exercise. Kinesis tape also supports injuries without restricting motion and prevent from swelling and bruising.it is very much popular in sport arena. It prevents from any injuries. It gives stability to joints and muscles without affecting the motion of body.
Brands- Omron, Tynor, deemark, Bremed, Equinox, Turion Universal, etc.
Other physiotherapy items are
- Rechargeable Heating Pad
- Small Pelvic Traction Kit with Weight Bag
- Tens Pain Therapy Machine/TENS unit
- Gold Warm Bag/Heating pad
- Portable Gel Electric Warm Heating Pad
- Electronic Pulse Massager/Portable TENS
- Tenis Elbow
- Hot Water Bottle
- Small Hard Gel Ball
- Child Skin Traction
- Cushion Massager
- CVS Self Adhesive Replacement Gel
- Warm Water Bag
- Blue Hot Water Bottle
- Sara Care Hot Water Bottle
- Anatomic Anti Cervical Foam Pillow
- Back Support and Seat Comfort
- Bio Sun Light Therapy
- Wall Mounting Shoulder Pulley
- Ice Pack
- Metal Base Grip Exerciser
- Electrode Pads BD
Support-Braces & Splints
Support braces and splints are used to support thumbs, ankle, wrist, arm, and knee. Splints and braces provide relief to joints and support safe movements of joints during recovery. It is also used for limbs or spines to support broken bones, joints etc. It helps in recovery and pain relief. There are two types in splints. They are:-
- Dynamic resting hand splint- It is medical equipment that reverse damages or injuries. Dynamic resting hand splint is used for reducing pain. It can be used by sport people as well as post-surgery patients. It allows person to slightly move the body part hand is places in functional position.
- Static resting hand splint- Static resting hand splint is medical equipment which allows hand to be placed in fixed position. Here a person cannot move the injured joints.
- Rib Belt- Rib Belt helps in healing and supporting fractures or bruised ribs. This gives maximum comfort. Belt can be used by patients who had undergone surgery, it helps in stabilizing the ribs. Rib Belt can be used by both men and women.
- Knee support-Knee support is used by person who comes up with knee pain. Some people use it to prevent knee injuries. Braces are made in combinations of plastics, metal, straps and elastic materials.
- Headache band- This band helps in headache relief. Headache band is one among popular.
- Wrist support Binder- Wrist support binder is useful for people having wrist pain or suffering from wrist injuries. Some people use it for preventing wrist injuries.
- Boot Ankle Support- It helps in protecting the foot and ankle from injury. Boot ankle support also used by people who are suffering from foot and ankle injury. It is used for broken ankle or foot, ankle sprain, and fractures etc.
Brands- Tynor, vissco, vkare,
Other items are
- Physio Aids Rib Belt
- Knee Brace
- Knee Support
- Collar Neck Support Adjustable
- Neck Support Non Adjustable
- Boot Ankle Support
- Wrist Support Binder
- Headache Band
- Arm Tourniquets
- Tennis Type Elbow Support
- Walker Boot Ankle Support
- Neoprene Type Lumbosacral Belt
- Physio Aids Lumbosacral Belt
- Blue Thumb & Wrist Support Binder
- Cervical Collar
- Extra Large Shoulder Immobilizer
- Medium Shoulder Immobilizer
- Binder Neoprene Type Ankle Support