Sleeping disorder can greatly impact a person’s mental, physical, and emotional functioning. Sleep disorder occurs due to anxiety, depression, cognitive transition and trauma issues. There are various disorders that are, insomnia, nightmare, rapid eye movement, breathing problems and other.
- CPAP Machine– This machine consists of a small box with a motorized fan inside. This fan absorbs air from the room and pressurizes and delivers it to patients. It is used for patients with breathing problems. CPAP therapy is a treatment for sleeping disorders. A CPAP machine uses a hoseand mask to deliver constant and steady air pressure.
- BIPAP machine/Noninvasive ventilator– It is used for patients who are suffering from sleep apnea. It delivers air flow to the patient’s airways at a prescribed pressure through a mask. The air pressure keeps the throat muscles from collapsing. Through this machine we can measure the breath timing that is amount of breaths per minute a person should be taking. The machine can even force the person to breath by increasing the air pressure if the time between breathing goes beyond the set limit. BIPAP machine is same as CPAP; the main difference is BiPAP machine has two pressure settings one pressure for inhalation and a lower pressure for exhalation.
Brands- BMC RESmart, Philips Respironic, Auto Bipap, AVAPS ventilator, A40, Niscomed, Resmed VPAP Lumis 100, Sunshine Aspire 300.
Nebulizer is an electric or battery powered device that is used by an individual who has breathing issues. Nebulizer breaks up solution (medicine) into small gas or liquid droplets which is inhaled through mouthpieces which pass to the lungs.
- Gas inhalers- Gas inhaler is portable devices consist of inhalable gas that consists no solid or liquid particles. It is easy to carry anywhere.
- Dry powder inhalers- Dry powder inhalers make use of solid particles as well as air which is inhaled into the lungs.
- Pressurized Metered Dose Inhalers-It makes use of liquid gas to dispense liquid medicine. This inhaler consists of liquid and gas which can be inhalable by a person.
Brands- Niscomed Ultrasonic W001, Spiritus NB 117, Rossmax NA-100, Infi-Neb, Omron, Bremed, Romson, Nulife, Curaplex, Dynarex, Hudson, Carefusion etc.
- HME filters (Heat and moisture exchanger) – It device used to prevent against microbes. HME reduces viruses and bacteria that cause disease. HME is used for warming and humidified gases which is delivered to patients. HME Bacterial Filter acts as an Air purifier. The utilization of HMEs and breathing system filters in OT, ICU as well as other places in the hospital settings is mainly for the problems commonly associated with mechanical ventilation, improper humidification of inspired air and cross-infection.
Bacterial Filter-It is device which functions same as HME. It is used by ventilated patients to provide smooth air flow.
Brands- Medisafe International, Stellar Allergenic filter, Alpha Biomedix.
- Other products are:
- a) FFM Elbow & Valve – It is for patients who are recommended with airway pressure therapy. It makes smooth inhalation and exhalation for patients with breathing issues.
- b) FFM-Cushion – It is a face mask used for people having breathing problems.
Brands– Remstar, Philips, ResMed, Lumis, DeVilbis, Respironic, Hoffrichter, and other.